Sunday, August 24, 2008

Eleven More Weeks



With eleven weeks left until the election, I am looking into all the issues, and where the candidates stand on them. Because I am an outdoorsman, and I come from a long line of gun owners, the issue of personal gun ownership and the rights I think I am entitled to are important to me. I am NOT happy with Obamas position

Barack Obama voted against the confirmation of 2 of the 5 Justices that affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms.

Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.

Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.

Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.

Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.

Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.

Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.

Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.

Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.

Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and "research."

Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.

Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.

Barack Obama voted against a measure 2 - 0 to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.

Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.

Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.

Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month handgun purchase restrictions.

Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.

Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.

Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.

These are facts, look here http://www.nraila.org/obama/

Granted, I do not live in a major city and I am not exposed to violent crimes that include guns. I do own many firearms, and after a required safety course, and hunter training course, My 13 year old son is the proud owner of a single shot 20 gauge shotgun, and a 12 gauge pump shotgun. A quote from Obamas book Audacity of Hope, is " I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction " Well, what better place for the Muslims to control our country, than in the office of the President of United States ? Let me say this, I will NOT give up my guns for anyone, and I think that there are many more that stand with me. Yes, before I get hate comments, not everyone should have a firearm, and I agree that there are problems with crimes involving guns, but not at my house.
.

5 comments:

Guinness Dog said...

oh you silly American, you're just clinging to your guns and religion because you dont know any better... don't worry, the Marxist--errr, democrat party--will take care of you and you wont need any of those evil, evil guns

Da Old Man said...

I'm a big fan of guns. I live in an urban environment, and I can assure you criminals prey on the weak, and the unarmed. They would like nothing better than for every home and homeowner to be defenseless.

Anonymous said...

We need guns to survive where I live, and not just from people either. What will they expect us to do... smack an attacking bear on the nose and say "no" bad bear. Gheesh!

DESERT PUPS said...

Here is the accurate and more complete quote from Obama's book
"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Since this country has a dark history of targeting innocent people during wartimes, such as the Japanese internment camps, I too would have to agree with Obama should innocent Muslims be detained against their will simply because of their religious belief. America was founded on the basis of religious freedom and that freedom must be recognized and respected or everything that this country stands for is for nothing. To say that someone is evil because of the way they worship is against everything America holds dear, not to mention against Article 1 of the Constitution of the United States of America. And for the record, I'm not voting for Obama.

TeresaC

A New Yorker said...

Screw the haters. Seriously, I am intolerant of intolerance. That quote is pretty darn scary and after getting to the bottom where you state some of your personal beliefs that some people should not have guns I can see you are pretty open minded. Wow I didn't know that quote. Can you post the page number or somewhere that you got it from so I can also post that?