Friday, August 15, 2008

Just a Short Rant

I would like to start my post today with a little venting. If you have seen my profile, you already know I am at home recovering from an auto accident on May 28th of this year. So since the accident I have suffered from lower back pain, numbness in the legs, arms, and hands. I have neck and shoulder pain, severe headaches, dizziness, and blurry vision. I had all the tests, the X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, and been referred to 3 separate doctors to find a fix for all of this. I have used ice packs, heating pads, and about 20 different prescriptions. Well finally, on Tuesday I went to yet another doctor who was responsible for starting me on some physical therapy. He informs me that I cannot do the therapy because it could possibly paralyze me. It seems that 2 of the doctors that have written me many prescriptions had missed the bulging and collapsed discs in my neck.


This new doctor has removed all my medication, and given me a brace to wear, and ordered me to stop all activity, and limit sitting and walking to less than 4 hours a day. Next Monday, I am scheduled for my first round of cortisone shots, and I have to go for more CT scans. My venting goes to the docs that missed this the first time around, because I could have been fixed, or close to it by now.




Anyway, enough of that. I have a laptop in my bedroom, so I can still cruise the blogosphere. In my journey today, I found a site that has pictures from a Russian soldier that is fighting in Georgia. The link is http://www.navoine.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=551 The site is a message board, and it is all in Russian, but the pictures give a horrifying look at the destruction.


If you decide to check these pictures out, be warned, there are many graphic views.





I did read that Condoleezza Rice is working to end the violence, but Russia has not left the country. As close as we are, as allies, to Georgia and Knowing that a major oil pipeline runs through the country, what role will the U.S. play if the fighting continues ?



.

4 comments:

AxedbyDax said...

cool pics...I love them.Keep them coming.I'll come back again to see new pics.Thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your site (you found me on blogcatalog and so I wanted to check you out for reciprocity).

I've had my fair share of health trouble and doctor "fun." (About ten years ago, they kept insisting I had the flu, even as my symptoms worsened. By the fourth day, I ended up in the ER and the doctors ran some tests, clearly to placate us. By the end of the night, I was on full life support.)

I just wanted to say that I'm glad that you apparently have found someone who actually is paying attention!

I do hope that you plan on calling or writing to the other doctors' offices in a polite but furious letter. (In my experience, that combination works best. Then they can't write you off as some annoying complainer because you're not cursing.) Given that they missed something large and potentially paralysis-inducing, they'll be lucky not to be sued. I would make the case that they would have quite a bit of gall indeed to bill you *anything*

It may or may not persuade them, but I think the case ought to be made, certainly.

Da Old Man said...

I feel your pain. Friggin doctors put me on the wrong meds, damned near killed me. Had congestive heart failure. Only thing that saved me was I was on vacation, and doctors in another hospital caught it.

JR said...

I hope you heal fast. Be well!