Monday, August 11, 2008

Cheap Gas


Typically in my neck of the woods, gas prices have been between $4.02 to $4.10 for the last month or so. I have gotten lucky and found it for $3.89 a couple of times. Today, while out running some errands, we decided to make a pass through the main drag in town to see who had the cheapest gas. I was shocked when I saw this sign. $3.69 ? Really ? I checked, and the other three stations were selling gas for the same price. Well, I filled up, and wondered how can this be ? I do know oil prices have dropped a little. I also know that the debate on energy, and drilling, and our reserves has stopped for the summer. Could it be that the speculators have made enough money ? Could big oil have run out of room to put all those zero's on their paychecks ? I heard there was a secret that has come out of the Obama camp that could save us all some gas. Take a look.............



That's brilliant ! Why haven't we thought of this sooner ? Yeah, right. We all know about he air in the tires, and the tune ups. What I want to know is what happened in 5 days time that gas prices in my area dropped 30 cents. I'm not complaining, but I want it to continue. Congress is on summer break, Maybe that has something to do with it. Let's see if the gas prices continue to drop while they're gone. YA HEAR THAT GW ? GO AHEAD AND ENJOY THE BREAK

Oh, Sorry to disturb you. Carry on............

3 comments:

Da Old Man said...

I know the pundits have been having fun with the whole tire thing, but I wonder, exactly who didn't know this, and who is running around with underinflated tires on a regular basis? Even my wife knows to check her tires.

Laurie said...

I am right with you, they say all this stuff and excuses about why gas has to go up, but how can it then drop so flippin fast when they see fit and who are they anyway?
Our gas here in Minnesota where I live went from $4.00 down to $3.59 almost over night. like you said I am not complaining, but what in the world?

Robert Simms said...

I recently posted photos of Bush's athletic prowess [It's Difficult Being President] but, somehow, I missed the photo you have on your blog.