Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Right Plan Can Help

I watched the daily press briefing today and saw Bob Gibbs worm his way around the questions again. I did witness him make one truthful statement that I think no one else caught. When asked about the stimulus plan, he said " The right plan will get our economy going again "
He did not say Obamas plan, or the plan that was just voted on, but the " right plan " I know some people would shrug that comment off, but with all the selling of Obamas plan, and the push to get it on his desk, you would think that the presidents own press secretary would help to sell it also.
But anyway, I read a post today that I just had to share from a Rant's and Rave board
Economic Stimulus "This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format: "
Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment? "
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers. "
Q. Where will the government get this money? "
A. We will get back to you on that.
Q. So, will the government be giving me back my own money? "
A. Only a smidgen. "
Q. What is the purpose of this payment? "
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy. "
Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ? "
A. Shut up."
Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:
If you spend that money at Walmart, all the money will go to China .
If you spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.
If you purchase a computer it will go to India .
If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico , Honduras , and Guatemala (unless you buy organic).
If you buy a car it will go to Japan.
If you purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan..... And none of it will help the American economy......

So where would our cash be better spent ??


I really do not believe that pushing this bill through, and allowing some of the payments for tennis courts, and dog parks, and frisbee golf courses will help us get anywhere. But complaining won't do any good. Do you really think the Beltway Boys and Girls care what happens to us ?


Even our "Transparent " president lied to us about the earmarks attached to the stimulus. He laughed at us on prime time and said " yes it's a spending bill, what do you think stimulus is ? ". Well I know that if I am broke, going out to buy a flat screen won't put cash back in my pocket


The majority of Americans are not in favor of this bill, and they are increasingly doubting the ability of the chosen one. I did try and give Obama a chance, because although he was not my choice, he is the leader of my country.
But I cant take what is happening to us, our children, and our grandchildren, and if I don't at least make a stand, how will I be able to look my grand kids in the face when I see them paying for the economic pain that we should all be bearing now ?
Stand up people, don't just shake your head and cross your fingers. Send an email, call and complain, let others know they do not have to hide under the bed and be afraid to speak out against what is wrong. The time is now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

N-LYNN.blogspot.com

!!!! :)